You’ve been telling yourself you want to get to know your camera better. You’ve been looking for a challenge that will push you, motivate you, but one that’s not impossible to stick with. 365 is too demanding; you need a smaller dose.
Something that will force you to use your photography muscles…
Something with a variety of ideas to push your creativity…
I’d like to run things a bit different from last year. First, I’d like to use the blog instead of Flickr. I’ll have a link on Fridays. Once a month I’d like to feature some of the really interesting, inspirational, or exemplary images here at the blog – with links to the artist so we can all get to know them better. By request there will be 52 specific challenges. We will be assigned themes for each week. You may interpret them with whatever artistic license you wish to employ.
- Participating in p52 means you have a blog or Flickr stream to link back to.
- You agree to use permalinks to the p52 post / image only.
- Photo must be taken within the past 7 days – digging up old photo defeats the challenge.
- Linking at p52 implies you may be featured here at m3b, with proper credit and acknowledgement of your work, and you agree that I may use your week’s image to show your work. All featured images will have a link to the artist’s blog or Flickr stream.
- Amateur and professional artists are welcome, but any signs of abuse or misuse or inappropriate photos will be banned.
I really don’t like to play bad cop, so let’s make this FUN, high energy… and something that you will actually challenge yourself to make the most out of that amazing camera you have.
Ready for the first few weeks’ assignments?
Week 1 – ending Friday, January 6: Resolution
Week 2 – ending Friday, January 13: Made with love
Week 3 – ending Friday, January 20: I Dreamed A Dream
Week 4 – ending Friday, January 27: Self-portrait
Week 5 – ending Friday, February 3: Shadows
Week 6 – ending Friday, February 10: Drink up!
Week 7 – ending Friday, February 17: True Love
Week 8 – ending Friday, February 24: Cabin Fever
Suggestions for future weeks can be left over on the m3b Facebook page where I’ve started taking requests! Please suggest theme ideas there.
I cannot wait to see how you all interpret these challenges, and I look forward to getting to meet new photographers!
Happy New Year!