I recently tuned into the CreativeLIVE weekend with Jasmine Star and tried to watch as many hours as I could stand. I’m not a wedding photographer, nor do I aspire to be at this point in my career ( i just said “career” and “photography” in the same sentences and I’m so laughing at myself.) – but there was a huge message in j*’s class and one of the key points was – K.I.R. Keep It Real.
So, I’m keepin’ it real. In case you missed the big announcements here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here (criminy, that’s a lot of heres. did you click them all???) – I’ve committed to 31 posts in 31 days in October… a series entitled 31 Days to a Better Photo.
And I remember what confused me when I was just starting out. What’s an f stop? How do I know which ISO to choose? What makes good composition? What about editing? Where do I focus? What should my settings be on?
But this series is for you guys. To make this series successful, to make sure you get what you want to learn out of it, I’d love if you would answer these questions for me in comments. It will help me gauge the need, topics and wish list from what you need to make you a better photographer.
I’ve outlined the posts, but if you want something specifically covered, now’s the time to get it on the ballot.
1. What is something you feel confident about with your camera?
2. What is something you don’t feel confident about with your camera?
3. Fill in the blank. I want to learn how to ______________.
4. I wish you would write a post about _______________.
5. I would be a much better photographer if only _______________.
6. The photographer I admire the most is _______________. (Links, please? help me out with this one and please don’t make me Google all these amazing photographers. Give ’em some link love!)
Thanks! I appreciate you – if you think others want to weigh in on the series, too, please tweet or post this on your wall. The series is only as meaningful as the creativity, learning, and education you gain from it! So challenge me. I wanna hear it!
What do you hope to gain from spending 31 days here at m3b?
Finally – my last bit of K.I.R. – I’m kinda nervous. I got some screencast software (eek!) and I’m feelin’ like a pretend blog playin’ with the cool kids.